This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Swallows
Swallows is an “upside down” barn conversion, which sleeps 4. Conveniently situated half-a-mile from Camelford in North Cornwall, with numerous footpaths leading into town & countryside. The property is situated at the end of a lane, with a gravelled parking & turning area on a slight slope.
Swallows has 2 bedrooms, all on the lower ground floor (downstairs), the main entrance is via the kitchen/lounge on the ground floor (upstairs).
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01840 213884/079 777 222 03 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have an informative website & are also listed in Premier Cottages.
- Bookings/enquiries can be made via post, phone or email.
- The nearest train station is Bodmin Parkway, 15 miles away. Accessible taxis are available at the station. Take bus no. 555 to Bodmin, change to 561 for Camelford.
- The area outside the property is level & gravelled, with steps leading up to lawned, level area with gravel path leading to car park. A level lane leads from parking area to road.
- Waitrose, Asda and Tesco all offer home delivery to this address.
- The nearest bus stop is at Camelford Museum & Tourist Information Centre, approx 1 mile away. A shelter with handrail is provided. Bus no’s. 510, 561, 584 & 594 all depart from this stop at various times. Please see www.westerngreyhound.com for more information.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- The key can be collected from the property, owner lives on-site.
- Parking is available for 2 cars in the gravelled area adjacent to the property, 30m from front door.
- The area is well lit by lighting in car park area and directly outside property.
Entrance to Property
- There are seven steps with handrail leading down from car park footpath to entrance area of property, with one step 160mm/6.5″ high leading up to front door, 1000mm/39″ wide.
- The entrance is lit by an outdoor lamp.
- The floor entrance is wood, covered by a small rug inside door. Lighting is provided by ceiling spotlights and wall lights.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- The hall, stairs and landings are well lit using a combination of wall and ceiling lights.
- Floor covering is short-pile carpet.
- There are 12 steps leading down from lounge/kitchen to lower ground floor bedroom/bathroom area, with a handrail on one side.
- The lounge is situated on the ground floor, with level access from the kitchen.
- One large leather sofa and one leather armchair are provided, with a coffee table, 2 side tables and a small cupboard. All are movable.
- There is one large rug on a wooden floor.
- Digital TV with subtitles, DVD/Video player, all with remote control are provided. Portable stereo with CD player available, with I-Pod docking station.
- Lighting is natural daylight, with wall lights and 2 table lamps.
- The dining area is situated in the kitchen, with level access on a wooden floor.
- There is space around the table for a wheelchair.
- The dining table has legs in each corner. Clear height underneath the table is 610mm/24″.
- 4 upright chairs are provided, without arms.
- Ceiling spotlights and wall lights provide lighting, as well as natural daylight.
- Kitchen is accessed immediately on entering property, level access.
- Oven/hob is 910mm/36″ high, with drop-down doors. Microwave sits on worktop, 910mm/36″ high.
- Highest shelf in fridge/freezer is 1730mm/68″ high, lowest drawer is 330mm/13″ high.
- Wall cupboards are 1480mm/58″ high – crockery/glassware can be moved to lower level cupboards on request.
- Double lever mixer tap is provided.
- Ceiling spotlights and worktop lighting is provided.
- Wooden flooring.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- All bedrooms are situated on the lower ground floor, short-pile carpet throughout.
- Clear opening width of bedrooms is 635mm/25″.
- One bedroom containing a king-size bed, and one bedroom with 2 single beds are provided.
- Space width is 510mm/20″ either side of the king-size bed & 840mm/33″ between each single bed.
- Height of beds to top of mattress is 610mm/24″. Height of the clear space under the beds is 590mm/23″ (singles) and 370mm/14.5″ (king-size).
- Bedside furniture can easily be moved or rearranged in each room.
- Lighting is natural daylight and at night a central ceiling light can be used. Bedside lights are provided in each room.
- Non-feather duvets are provided.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- Door opening 635mm/25″ wide.
- Shower over bath.
- Height of WC from floor to seat 430mm/17″.
- Washbasin height 840mm/33″, with pedestal 660mm/26″ high.
- Single lever mixer tap on washbasin.
- Ceiling spotlights throughout, with 2 wall lights either side of mirror above sink.
- Tiled floor surface, with pedestal and bath mat provided.
- Guests have access to level gravelled seating area, provided by 4 chairs & table with parasol, and gas bbq.
- Lawned, communal children’s play area, with swings, slide and sandpit are provided, overlooking seating area.
- Trained assistance dogs are welcome, as is any well-behaved dog.
- Most areas in the property have good colour contrast between the floor, doors and walls. Generally doors are natural pine, and frames and walls are light in colour.
- Mobile phone reception varies according to service provider.
- Power points and light switches at normal height and easily accessible from standing position.
- Address (Inc postcode): Nigel&Helen Connolly, Fenteroon Farm, Fenteroon Road, Camelford, Cornwall PL32 9RY
- Telephone: 01840 213884/079 777 222 03
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.fenteroonfarm.co.uk
- Hours Of Operation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Local Public Transport: Western Greyhound