This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for The Shippen
The Shippen is a single-storey barn conversion which sleeps 2. Conveniently situated half-a-mile from Camelford in North Cornwall, with numerous footpaths leading into the town & countryside. The property is situated at the end of a lane, with a level gravelled parking &turning area.
The Shippen has one bedroom, with en-suite bathroom, the main entrance is via the kitchen/lounge.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01840 213884/079 777 222 03 or email email@example.com.
- We have an informative website & are also listed in Premier Cottages.
- Bookings/enquiries can be made via post, phone or email.
- The nearest train station is Bodmin Parkway, 15 miles away. Accessible taxis are available from the station. Take bus no. 555 to Bodmin, change to 561 for Camelford.
- The area outside the property is level & gravelled. A slightly sloping lane leads from the parking area to the road.
- Waitrose, Asda and Tesco all offer home delivery to this address.
- The nearest bus stop is at Camelford Museum & Tourist Information Centre, approx 1 mile away. A shelter with handrail is provided. Bus no’s. 510, 561, 584 & 594 all depart from this stop at various times. Please see www.westerngreyhound.com for more information.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- The key can be collected from the property, owner lives on-site.
- Parking is available for 1 car in the gravelled area adjacent to the property, 4m from front door.
- The area is well lit by lighting in car park area and outside front door.
Entrance to Property
- There are 2 steps leading up to the front door, 130mm/5″ and 80mm/3″ high respectively. Door entrance is 885mm/33.5″ wide.
- The entrance is lit by outdoor lights.
- The floor entrance is slate, covered by a small rug inside door. Lighting is provided by ceiling spotlights and wall lights.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- There are no stairs, passageways or a hall.
- There is level access to the lounge area from the kitchen, floor has slate tiles.
- One large leather sofa is provided, with a coffee table, side table and tv cabinet. All are movable.
- There is one large rug on the slate floor.
- Freesat tv with subtitles, dvd/blu-ray player, all with remote control are provided. Portable stereo with CD player available, with i-pod docking station.
- Lighting is natural daylight, with wall lights and a table lamp.
- The dining area is situated in the kitchen, with level access on a slate floor.
- There is space around the table for a wheelchair.
- The dining table has legs in each corner. Clear height underneath table 635mm/25″.
- 2 upright chairs are provided, without arms. Seat height 515mm/20.5″.
- Wall lights provide lighting, as well as natural daylight.
- Kitchen is accessed immediately on entering property, level access.
- Oven is 760mm/30mm high, with drop-down door. Microwave sits on worktop 910mm/36″ high.
- Highest shelf in fridge is 650mm/25.5″, lowest drawer is 260mm/10″ high.
- Wall cupboards are 1700mm/67″ high – crockery/glassware can be moved to lower level cupboards on request.
- Double lever mixer tap, and cordless kettle revolving 360 degrees are provided.
- Ceiling spotlights and worktop lighting is provided.
- Slate flooring.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- One ground floor bedroom, with short-pile carpet, containing one king-size bed.
- Clear opening width of bedroom door is 710mm/28″.
- The space width is 840mm/33″ either side of the bed. Height of bed to top of mattress is 635mm/25″.
- Bedside furniture can easily be moved or rearranged.
- Lighting is natural daylight and at night wall lights can be used. Bedside lights are provided in each room.
- Non-feather duvets are provided.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- There is level access from the bedroom to the en-suite, with no steps.
- Door opening width 710mm/28″.
- Shower over bath.
- Height of WC from floor to seat is 410mm/16″.
- Washbasin height 840mm/33″.
- Single lever mixer tap on washbasin. Taps for bath/shower are accessed on the wall.
- Ceiling spotlights and lights around mirror above washbasin.
- Stone tiled floor surface, with pedestal and bath mat provided.
- Guests have access to level gravelled seating area, provided by 2 chairs and a table.
- Three steps lead from the lounge to the outdoor seating area, 80mm/3″ high, 200mm/8″ high and 220mm/8.75″ high respectively.
- Trained assistance dogs are welcome, as is any well-behaved dog.
- Most areas in the property have good colour contrast between the floor, doors and walls. Generally doors are oak, and frames and walls are light in colour.
- Mobile phone reception varies according to service provider.
- Power points and light switches at normal height and easily accessible from standing position.
- Address (Inc postcode): Nigel&Helen Connolly, Fenteroon Farm, Fenteroon Road, Camelford, Cornwall PL32 9RY
- Telephone: 01840 213884/079 777 222 03
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.fenteroonfarm.co.uk
- Hours Of Operation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Local Public Transport: Western Greyhound