Swallows is an 5* “upside down” barn conversion, which sleeps 4. Conveniently situated half-a-mile from Camelford in North Cornwall, with numerous footpaths leading into town & countryside. The property is situated at the end of a lane, with a gravelled parking & turning area on a slight slope.
Swallows has 2 bedrooms, all on the lower ground floor (downstairs), the main entrance is via the kitchen/lounge on the ground floor (upstairs).
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01840 213884/079 777 222 03 or email email@example.com.
Entrance to Property
- There are seven steps with handrail leading down from car park footpath to entrance area of property, with one step 160mm/6.5″ high leading up to front door, 1000mm/39″ wide.
- The entrance is lit by an outdoor lamp.
- The floor entrance is wood, covered by a small rug inside door. Lighting is provided by ceiling spotlights and wall lights.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- The hall, stairs and landings are well lit using a combination of wall and ceiling lights.
- Floor covering is short-pile carpet.
- There are 12 steps leading down from lounge/kitchen to lower ground floor bedroom/bathroom area, with a handrail on one side.
- The lounge is situated on the ground floor, with level access from the kitchen.
- One large leather sofa and one leather armchair are provided, with a coffee table, 2 side tables and a small cupboard. All are movable.
- There is one large rug on a wooden floor.
- Digital TV with subtitles, DVD/Video player, all with remote control are provided. Portable stereo with CD player available, with I-Pod docking station.
- Lighting is natural daylight, with wall lights and 2 table lamps.
- The dining area is situated in the kitchen, with level access on a wooden floor.
- There is space around the table for a wheelchair.
- The dining table has legs in each corner. Clear height underneath the table is 610mm/24″.
- 4 upright chairs are provided, without arms.
- Ceiling spotlights and wall lights provide lighting, as well as natural daylight.
- Kitchen is accessed immediately on entering property, level access.
- Oven/hob is 910mm/36″ high, with drop-down doors. Microwave sits on worktop, 910mm/36″ high.
- Highest shelf in fridge/freezer is 1730mm/68″ high, lowest drawer is 330mm/13″ high.
- Wall cupboards are 1480mm/58″ high – crockery/glassware can be moved to lower level cupboards on request.
- Double lever mixer tap is provided.
- Ceiling spotlights and worktop lighting is provided.
- Wooden flooring.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- All bedrooms are situated on the lower ground floor, short-pile carpet throughout.
- Clear opening width of bedrooms is 635mm/25″.
- One bedroom containing a king-size bed, and one bedroom with 2 single beds are provided.
- Space width is 510mm/20″ either side of the king-size bed & 840mm/33″ between each single bed.
- Height of beds to top of mattress is 610mm/24″. Height of the clear space under the beds is 590mm/23″ (singles) and 370mm/14.5″ (king-size).
- Bedside furniture can easily be moved or rearranged in each room.
- Lighting is natural daylight and at night a central ceiling light can be used. Bedside lights are provided in each room.
- Non-feather duvets are provided.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- Door opening 635mm/25″ wide.
- Shower over bath.
- Height of WC from floor to seat 430mm/17″.
- Washbasin height 840mm/33″, with pedestal 660mm/26″ high.
- Single lever mixer tap on washbasin.
- Ceiling spotlights throughout, with 2 wall lights either side of mirror above sink.
- Tiled floor surface, with pedestal and bath mat provided.
- Guests have access to level gravelled seating area, provided by 4 chairs & table with parasol, and gas bbq.
- Lawned, communal children’s play area, with swings, slide and sandpit are provided, overlooking seating area.
Click here for additional information
- We have an informative website & are also listed in Premier Cottages.
- Bookings/enquiries can be made via post, phone or email.
- The nearest train station is Bodmin Parkway, 15 miles away. Accessible taxis are available from the station. Take bus no. 555 to Bodmin, change to 561 for Camelford.
- The area outside the property is level & gravelled. A slightly sloping lane leads from the parking area to the road.
- Waitrose, Asda and Tesco all offer home delivery to this address.
- The nearest bus stop is at Camelford Museum & Tourist Information Centre, approx 1 mile away. A shelter with handrail is provided. Bus no’s. 510, 561, 584 & 594 all depart from this stop at various times. Please see www.westerngreyhound.com for more information.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- The key can be collected from the property, owner lives on-site.
- Parking is available for 2 cars in the gravelled area adjacent to the property, 20m from front door.
- The area is well lit by lighting in car park area and directly outside property.
- Address (Inc postcode): Nigel&Helen Connolly, Fenteroon Farm, Fenteroon Road, Camelford, Cornwall PL32 9RY
- Telephone: 01840 213884/079 777 222 03
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.fenteroonfarm.co.uk
- Hours Of Operation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Local Public Transport: Western Greyhound
- Trained assistance dogs are welcome, as is any well-behaved dog.
- Most areas in the property have good colour contrast between the floor, doors and walls. Generally doors are oak, and frames and walls are light in colour.
- Mobile phone reception varies according to service provider.
- Power points and light switches at normal height and easily accessible from standing position.